Adult Self Defense Karate
Virginia Okinawan Karate
Learn to Use Your Natural Body Movements for Effective Self Defense Instead of Strength.
It’s not enough to just practice the martial arts you learned as a child.
Now you can discover the missing adult self defense karate applications, too!
Seminar with “Living Legend” Seikichi Iha, 10th Dan, Hanshi, Grand Master
Shidokan Shorin Ryu Karate (Kobayashi)
February 19 and 20 in Northern Virginia! Call/text/email for info.
You, too, can discover the proven effective, easy to learn, traditional Okinawan adult self defense karate. Our instruction is based on historical self defense templates used by unarmed Okinawans since the early 1800s. In each class you will learn, practice, and perfect Shidokan Shorin Ryu self defense katas, or templates, (Video link here) with their realistic adult self defense karate applications through partner drills (kumite and bunkai).
Okinawa, the birthplace of karate, developed the unarmed self-defense karate that has been greatly modified and turned into a competitive sport practiced world wide. We continue to practice the efficient, and proven effective, karate originally developed by Okinawan Karate Masters for self defense. Our karate background/lineage is here.
Find answers to your Questions about adult self defense karate training here.
The hardest part about your learning Okinawan Karate:
making the decision to attend your first class!
Discover How Adult Self Defense Karate is Different:
- Adult Self Defense Karate Training uses easy to learn natural body movements rather than strength (so the smaller and weaker easily confront larger and stronger aggressors)
- We practice only proven effective Self-Defense techniques and application (some call these “secrets” gleaned from our Okinawan Karate Grand Masters)
- Safe, friendly non-threatening, cooperative training maximizes your learning rather than competition
- You learn new self defense skills with each class, or polish the skills you have
- Black Belt rank recognized by all Shidokan schools world-wide.
- Your earned rank (belt color) is recognized in all our schools in the United States and Canada.
- Nation-wide curriculum teaching proven effective traditional Okinawan self-defense karate
- Clear and understandable promotion requirements for your next belt level.
- Belt ranks awarded only through proven performance
- Useful for Military/Police/Security and your safety, too
- Small Class sizes with Ample Training Space so crowding is no issue
- Our Master Instructor has over 35+ years experience teaching adult traditional karate training
- Generous Family/Military/University Student Discounts
- Member of the International Shidokan Association
- Member of the Beikoku Shidokan Association
- Pay only for the months when you practice
- You Can Stop Classes Any Time with no penalty if life gets in the way of your adult traditional karate training.
- Fun! Lots of fun. When did you last do something for fun?
- At least once per year you will train with Grand Master Seikichi Iha, 10th Degree, when he gives a seminar in our dojo. Seikichi Iha is the highest ranking Okinawan Karate Master in the United States and one of the most senior Karate Masters in Okinawa. Many call him a living legend. You will experience the ease of movement, balance and outstanding strength of this 83-year old Grand Master. You, too, may want to be like him when you grown up!
Short time offer:
Try THREE (3) Free trial Adult Self Defense Karate Training Classes!
(Only then decide you will continue training with us.)
Members report traditional karate training helps them:
- – get in shape,
- – reduce stress,
- – improve mental and physical balance,
- – become more flexible,
- – increase self control, and
- – dramatically boost their life preservation skills.
- Explore the path between self defense and self discovery!
- You will be surprised to discover how much fun this is! (When was the last time you had fun?)
When you train in traditional adult self-defense karate your confidence and self control improves so that you may never need to use it! The more you train, the better you get at avoiding confrontations.
Members report that it is never too late to start adult self defense karate training! So what is stopping you from training with us?
Call / text 703-310-9596 Now to reserve your spot in our small classes.
We don’t have everything for everyone. Please look for another school if you want the following:
- Focus on sparring with pads, competition, trophies
- Fancy, Pretty, Impressive, Mostly Self Defense-Useless Movements
- Teen Age/Early 20’s Instructors with only a few years experience
- Kid Focus (games)
- Baby sitting or Child Care
- Crowded classes/space
- Guaranteed Black Belt in 2 or 3 years
- Invented curriculum, or no curriculum, with promotion requirements that change often
- Rank Promotion Fees
- New Belt Fee
- Additional Equipment Fees
- Store for additional equipment
- Special demonstration team or black belt training fees
- Penalty for stopping before contract ends
- After school activities
- Birthday Parties
- 7:00 PM Monday
- 7:00 PM Wednesday
- 10:00 AM Saturday
FEARLESS Woman two-hour self defense training available. Private lessons available by request.
Accotink Unitarian Universalist Church Sanctuary 10125 Lakehaven Court, Fairfax Station (Burke), VA 22015 (Major Intersection: Fairfax County Parkway and Burke Lake Road)